| SESSION 1 | City Financing
Monday, July 29, 12pm-1pm
Learn more about economic development and funding resources available from the City and its partners to boost your project.
- RACM (Redevelopment Authority) and Brownfield funds
- Commercial corridor and facade grants
- NIDC (Neighborhood Improvement and Development Corporation)
| SESSION 2 | TIF
Monday, August 5, 12pm-1pm
Tax Incremental Financing (TIF) is an economic development tool to leverage private development investment by the City.
- Milwaukee has created more than 89 Tax Incremental Districts (TIDs) to support a wide variety of projects
- The tool also supports neighborhood-scale projects
*Special Session - BRONZEVILLE WEEK
LOCATION: Jewels Caribbean Restaurant
2230 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
(Complimentary light lunch will be served)
| SESSION 3 | HPC & ARB
Monday, August 19, 12pm-1pm
Learn about working with Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) staff and Architectural Review Boards (ARB).
- HPC designates historic landmarks and historic districts, and approves Certificates of Appropriateness (COAs)
- Historic Third Ward Architectural Review Board
- East Side Architectural Review Board
| SESSION 4 | Special Enforcement & Permits
Monday, September 16, 12pm-1pm
Learn more about Special Enforcement and the Permit & Development Center of the Dept. of Neighborhood Services.
- Special Enforcement inspectors and their role in investigating illegal or non-permitted building uses
- Building in the city and obtaining proper building permits
- Using the Land Management System (LMS) for permits, to review the status of a project, or pay fees
| SESSION 5 | Landscape & Zoning Code Updates
RSVP for Monday, October 7, 12pm-1pm
Get updates on Landscape Guidelines and Zoning Codes.
- Updated Landscape Guidelines are intended to simplify the process for designing and implementing projects
- The City’s zoning map designates the legal land uses for all property in the city of Milwaukee. Changes are referred to the City Plan Commission for a report and recommendation before the Common Council takes final action