Bookmark and Share

Hurricane Maria Relief Resources

After the devastating effects Hurricane Maria left on Puerto Rico in September 2017, community members and organizations gathered to provide hurricane relief to fellow residents on the island. The long standing effects of the hurricane prompted an increase of Puerto Rican newcomers to Milwaukee in search of opportunity. This website is intended to provide resources for newly arrived residents and their families.

strengthening neighborhoods picture



Affordable Housing


  - I have a dream Milwaukee picture


Early Education

Higher Education

economic development and job creation picture


  healthy Milwaukee picture



Picture of a Family



Picture of a Family




If you are interested in filing a Disaster Unemployment Assistance claim, you must first file an initial UI claim online with Puerto Rico unemployment.

File a UI claim online and click “Reclamo Inicial". If you do not have internet access, call Puerto Rico’s unemployment call center at 787-945-7900 to file a regular initial claim.

Department Logo  

Contact Us

City Hall
200 E. Wells Street
Room 201
Milwaukee, WI 53202  

(414) 286-CITY (2489)

Mayor Tom Barrett photo  


Tom Barrett


Phone: 414-286-2200
Fax: 414-286-3191