Official Website of the City of Milwaukee
CALL for Action (414) 286-CITY | Click for Action
Department of Neighborhood Services
Electrical inspectors check the installation and modification of a building's electrical facilities. This includes, but is not limited to all wiring and equipment associated to power, lighting, control, communication and life safety systems for all buildings.
The City of Milwaukee adopts by reference in the Building and Zoning Code Vol II Chapter 222 the State of Wisconsin Electrical Code Chapter SPS 316. The State code adopts by reference The National Electrical code NFPA 70. The above noted codes can be found in most libraries reference section. Currently, the state has adopted the 2011 National Electrical code. Please check with your district inspector regarding your installation.
The City of Milwaukee requires a full witness test for new fire alarm systems and alterations. Two DNS trades inspectors will need to be contacted and a test coordinated with both.
Electrical & Elevator Section
841 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Who Is my Inspector? - View District Map
Do I need a permit?
How do I get a permit?
Search for permit information and inspection results
SUPERVISOR: Robert Radmer
(414) 286-2522 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District 1: Dave Allessi
(414) 286-2527 | email@example.com
District 2: Jacob VanRuden
(414) 286-2523 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District 3: Jon Matthews
(414) 286-2525 | email@example.com
District 4: Matt Wojcik
(414) 286-2528 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District 5 (Downtown): Joseph Glorioso
(414) 286-2531 | email@example.com
District 6: John Blask
(414) 286-5819 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District 7: Ben Peters
(414) 286-3278 | email@example.com
District 8: Kevin Blanco
(414) 286-2526 | firstname.lastname@example.org
District 9: Pam Thiessenhusen
(414) 286-2530 | email@example.com
Design by City of Milwaukee