Bookmark and Share

Chronic Nuisance Information

The City of Milwaukee’s Chronic Nuisance Property Code 80-10-2 was passed in early 2001 to address the negative of this issue on the community. Chronic Nuisance aggravates and pushes away law abiding residences, discourages the reinvestment in the community, and utilizes a lot of police and other City services.

To help control and prevent chronic nuisance in your community, there are resources to assist you in understand how.

Here are also a few helpful tips when reporting a nuisance property:

  • Use the Address where the problem is at. (DO NOT use your own address when reporting a nuisance property)
  • Associate the nuisance activity to the address. (The person who is the person who lives at the location, or the person who is visiting the location.)
  • Explain in detail the nuisance activity. (Loud music is blaring from the vehicle, is disturbing the peace, and is an on-going issue.)


  1. Three nuisance type calls for police are required before a Nuisance Letter is sent to the owner of the property.
  2. The three calls have to be within, any 30-day period.
  3. Only one nuisance call can be used within a 24-hour time frame.

Once the nuisance letter is sent, the property owner is given a 45-day opportunity to subside the nuisance activity. If the nuisance activity continues, a second opportunity is given to the owner to subside the nuisance activity. Continued problems will generate a charging letter, which lead to charges and or POSSIBLE citations to the owner for $3,211.00.

Additional Information:

  • Do not assume your neighbor called police.
  • Do not announce you are going to call police.
  • All calls made to the Milwaukee Police Department are documented.
  • You can be anonymous when reporting nuisance activity. Leave a phone number for police to contact should the officer have further questions

Landlord/Tenant Information


The Department of Neighborhood Services (DNS) offers free classes to train landlords the elementary ways to keep illegal activities out of their property. The classes are held year-round at various locations and times. To gather further information, please visit DNS Landlord Training Program website.

It is recommended that landlords do background checks on tenants prior to forming a lease. A couple helpful sites to assist with conducting a background check:

  • CCAP
  • Circuit Courts of Wisconsin has public records
  • Municipal Court Records
  • City of Milwaukee public records of cases involving local ordinance violations
  • Milwaukee Police Department’s Open Records Section - see what types of calls for service are happening at potential tenants current property. Requests for police open records can be made through this section.
    Open Records Section is located on the 2nd Floor of District 3 at 2333 N 49th St., and is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm (Closed Tuesday, Thursday, and Holidays).


Contact Us - MPD District 7

Captain Boris Turcinovic

3626 W. Fond Du Lac Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53216

Emergency - 911

(La Linea que no es de Emergencia es)

District Seven 414 935-7272

Proactive Policing Team 414 935-7278 or

Captain's Office 414 935-7270

Lieutenant's Office 414 935-7271

  • Day Shift- 8 am to 4 pm
  • Early Shift- 4 pm to 12 am
  • Late Shift - 12 am to 8 am

Sergeant's Office 414 935-7277

Community Liaison Office 414 935-7314 or 414 935-7772

  • Police Officer Bowie Buchner 

Community Prosecution Unit

  • Police Officer Lawson Murrell - 414 935-7278
  • Police Officer Monte Kirk - 414 935-7272
  • Police Officer Troy Mason - 414-935-7772
  • Police Officer Mathew Knaack - 414-935-7772 

Safe and Sound Coordinator

  •  Monique Aldridge 414 708-4593

Auxiliary/Explorer Coordinator 414 935-7272

  • Police Officer Monte Krik

Domestic Violence Advocate

  • Sojourner Peace Center Advocate Kelly Horsfall 414 335-1115 or 414 935-7650

Meet your Community Liaison Officer

Don't know who else to contact?  Your Community Liaison Officer may be able to help you help yourself.  Your Community Liaison Officer can help you start a Block Watch program, or deal with a long standing nuisance issue in your neighborhood.

  • Police Officer Bowie Buchner