Brownfield Site Assessment Matching Grant
The Brownfields Site Assessment Matching Grant Program is designed to encourage the investigation and (re)development of industrial and commercial properties in the City of Milwaukee that may be affected by environmental concerns. Brownfields are abandoned or underutilized commercial or industrial properties where expansion or redevelopment is hindered by real or perceived contamination. A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment is required to document potential environmental concerns and to focus further investigation. Grants of up to $15,000 (or one-half of the cost, whichever is less) are available to assist with Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and related work.
- Property must be located in the City of Milwaukee.
- Applicant either owns or intends to buy the property.
- Applicant provides an ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessment.
- The site is to be redeveloped. Planned reuse or redevelopment of the underutilized property will include commercial or industrial use, not primarily residential use, which will create new permanent on-site jobs.
- Applicant agrees to report on results of testing and redevelopment plan.
- Competitive bids for covered services should be obtained from at least two qualified providers.
- Applicant must be current on all property taxes and free from code violations.
Uses: Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and Remedial Action Plans.
Not eligible uses: Asbestos, lead, and/or hazardous materials assessments, and geotechnical engineering services.
Advantages: This is a reimbursement grant. Payment will be made upon completion of work. No repayment is expected.
Timing: Applications are reviewed/approved on a continuous basis.
For more information contact Mat Reimer at (414) 286-5693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.