In order to file an appeal, you must demonstrate that you have a legal interest in the property. The following documents are acceptable forms of proof of interest in the land:

  • Land Contract, Quit Claim Deed or Warranty Deed, if you own the property
  • Offer to Purchase, if you are expecting to purchase the property
  • Lease, if you rent the property
  • Option, if you have an option on the property

All documents must be signed by all parties. Tax bills, title policies, mortgage papers or rent receipts are not acceptable forms of interest. If you are not sure about your proof of interest in the property, please contact the Board office.