To fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the City Treasurer, who serves as the chief revenue collection and investment officer of the City of Milwaukee, as set forth in Wisconsin State Statutes, the City of Milwaukee Charter and Code of Ordinances, and Common Council Resolutions.
The City Treasurer is primarily responsible for the following:
- Receiving and accounting for all monies paid to the City.
- Making disbursements that have been vouchered for payment by the City Comptroller.
- Managing and investing City funds not needed to meet current expenditures.
- Collecting all property taxes levied by the respective taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Collecting the delinquent property taxes of all taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee.
- Settling property tax levy collections on a pro-rata basis with the other taxing jurisdictions within the City of Milwaukee and remitting to each their share of the monies collected.