City of Milwaukee Trick or Treat: Sunday, Oct. 27, 1 - 4 pm
Official Trick or Treat hours in the City of Milwaukee will be held on Sunday, Oct.27, from 1 - 4 pm.
Residents are reminded to keep children safe during Trick or Treat by observing the following safety tips:
- Help your child pick out or make a costume that will be safe. Make it fire proof, the eye holes should be large enough for good peripheral vision.
- Children should go out during daylight hours only unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Inform children to not cut through back alleys and fields. Make sure they know to stay in populated places and in well lit areas.
- Children should carry a flashlight, glow stick or have reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible to cars.
- Treats should not be eaten until they are examined by an adult
Many neighborhood groups and block clubs are organizing their own Trick or Treat event in their neighborhoods. The Department of Public Works Special Events Office has received several requests to block off side streets for neighborhood sponsored events. Block party permits require the signatures of neighbors on the block to make sure they do not object to the street being blocked during the time of the event and they should be submitted 30 days in advance. Please visit Special Events & Permits or 414-286-3329.