Garbage & Recycling Collection Schedules
Garbage & Recycling Collection Schedule
Summer Set Out Garbage and Recycling Cart Collection:
Summer curbside collection of carts for households without alleys starts Monday, April 8, 2013 and runs through November 27, 2013. Residents must roll their garbage and recycling carts to the curb by 7AM on the designated collection day. Sanitation crews will not collect the carts from their storage areas. Please note your day of garbage collection will change after each city holiday and furlough day.
Guaranteed Summer Recycling Schedules – Citywide!
From mid-April to Thanksgiving, residents will receive recycling pickup on guaranteed dates. Most households serviced with carts will receive collection every three weeks. Residents serviced with bins will continue to receive once per week collection.
Guaranteed recycling schedule program:
- Carts must be rolled to collection points on designated pickup dates
- Carts picked up more frequently than past once per month program
- More frequent collection will increase recycling capacity to accommodate those extra recyclables that used to pile up between pickups
- Increased recycling means that we are sending less to landfills, which saves the City money and helps to lower fees and taxes for everyone
How will I know when my collection dates are?
Look for collection schedules which will be placed on your recycling cart in the spring, or check the online schedule to look up your next recycling and garbage collection dates beginning April 8th. Thanks for recycling! Together we are helping to keep Milwaukee Clean & Green.
Look up your next Garbage & Recycling Collection Scheduled pickup dates by address.
Weekend Cleanup Box Program:
Starts the weekend of April 20th and ends the weekend of August 3rd.
Project Clean & Green:
The citywide spring clean up program starts April 15th and ends June 4th. This is your opportunity to throw out excess trash and debris at no extra cost. Click here to find out your Clean & Green date.
2013 City Holidays and Furlough Days
Most Department of Public Works employees will incur three (3) furlough days in 2013. The furlough dates are May 24, July 5, and August 30. There will be no garbage, recycling or self help services provided on those dates.
There is NO garbage or recycling collection on the following City Holidays:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 21
- Good Friday: March 29
- Memorial Day & Furlough Day: May 24 & 27
- Independence Day & Furlough Day: July 4 & 5
- Labor Day & Furlough Day: August 30 & September 2
- Thanksgiving: November 28 & 29
- Christmas Eve & Day: December 24 & 25
- New Year's Eve & Day: December 31 & January 1, 2014