Traffic Sign Shop
The Traffic Sign Shop oversees the fabrication, inventory, installation and maintenance of all the traffic, parking and specialty signage in the City as well as the painting maintenance of all traffic centerlines and lane lines and crosswalks.
Some highlights of the shop's work includes:
- Maintaining and replacing / repairing 2,143 permanent signs.
- Maintaining and replacing / repairing 450 street name signs.
- Providing traffic control at 1,069 special events.
- Fabricating and installing approximately 1,400 Temporary “No Parking” signs for the Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary Celebration.
- Completing the painting of 1,398 crosswalks and 1,840,000 ft of pavement markings. This work was done by the Long-Line Crew.