Bookmark and Share


Block Parties

First, you need a permit...

Call or visit the Special Event Permit Office to obtain a block party permit application:

Download the Block Party Permit Application

Special Event Permits
841 North Broadway Room 501
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Phone: (414) 286-3329
Fax: (414) 286-3953

Then, check for approval...

Common Council Room 205
200 E. Wells St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Fax: (414) 286-3456

Permit Info...

Permits are issued only with approval of the Alderperson.  During June, July and August, applications are not accepted any later than two weeks before the event. You will receive your permit in the mail unless you would like to call the office to arrange for pickup.

There are no fees for residential block parties.

Signatures of consent should be obtained from residents within the barricaded area to establish support for the event.  Informational fliers should be distributed one week prior to the event to remind your neighbors of the upcoming block party.

Barricades will be delivered to the address you indicate. The permit holder is responsible for placing barricades on the designated street intersections at the start of the event and removing them at the end of the event. Return the barricades to the drop off location and they will be collected as soon as possible during the following work week.

For more information go to Special Events Permits