Transfer List Process (click here)
TRANSFER LIST PROCESS
A Transfer List is separate from a Transfer/Promotional opportunity. The Transfer List is for current employees wishing to transfer to another City department within their current job classification. The Transfer List is not a means to a promotion.
To be placed on a Transfer List, the following conditions must be met:
- You must be a regularly appointed City or MPS classified employee (not an exempt or temporary appointment).
- You must have completed your probationary period.
- You must be an employee in good standing (no recent suspensions or disciplinary actions).
- You must have permission from your current department in the form of an e-mail or memo to:
- ATTN: Michelle Stein
Department of Employee Relations
City Hall, Room 706
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Food Service Assistants and Handicapped Children's Assistants are not eligible to transfer to the City as there is no comparable position.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Dept. of Employee Relations, Certification Section at 286-3395 or 286-3394.