Application materials for Firefighter were accepted July 12, 2008 through August 1, 2008.
For updated information on the Firefighter selection process call 414-286-FIRE (3473).
To be to notified of City of Milwaukee job openings via e-mail, click here.
You must have Adobe Reader® to view the following documents. Click here to download the latest version.
DO NOT submit your Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) until instructed to do so. The PHQ does NOT substitute for an employment application.
- Firefighters respond to a wide range of emergencies, performing rescue, EMS (emergency medical services), and firefighting duties, as well as engaging in fire prevention education and carrying out other specialized assignments. While firefighting can be a hazardous occupation, it is also deeply rewarding.
- Minimum age 18.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High school graduate, GED or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- A valid, regular motor vehicle operator's license.
- NOTE: Candidates must possess the mental and physical ability to perform the duties of the firefighter position.
- Each day provides the opportunity to help Milwaukee's citizens. Firefighters stand ready to answer the call of duty 24/7.
EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- The current starting salary is $36,167, with regular pay increases and the possibility of earning overtime. Generous leave, insurance, and education benefits are provided, and firefighters can retire after 22 years of service at age 49.
FOCUS ON FITNESS:
- Firefighters keep themselves in top mental and physical condition.
DEPARTMENT-WIDE COMMITMENT TO SAFETY:
- Exceptional training, equipment, and work practices support MFD's culture of safety.
- Firefighters work an average of ten 24-hour days per month, affording free time for other pursuits.
- Firefighters form lasting bonds with their coworkers.
CAREER ENRICHMENT AND ADVANCEMENT POTENTIAL:
- From serving on special teams to applying for promotions, growth pportunities abound.
City of Milwaukee
Fire and Police Commission
200 East Wells Street, Room 706
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Click here to send an Email message.
The City of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity.