Bookmark and Share

Food Manager Certification

Each person who is licensed to operate a food service operation shall employ, or shall personally be a person who holds a valid, current certificate of food protection practices issued by the Wisconsin department of health and social services under s. 254.71, Wis. Stats.

More Information


Have you lost your state certificate?

If you’ve lost your certificate, and have an e-mail address, you can have a duplicate e-mailed to you for free. Either call (608) 266-2835, or send an e-mail to with your request. If you don’t have an e-mail address, mail $10.00 and a letter (with your full name), requesting a duplicate certificate to: Wisconsin Department of Health Services | Food Safety and Recreational Licensing | P.O. Box 2659, Madison, WI 53071.  For more information call (608) 266-2835.

Please wait while we gather your results.

Consumer Environmental Health Information and Licensing

Convenience Store Security

Requirements of the City of Milwaukee's Convenience Store Security Ordinance.

Farmers' Markets Food Licensing & Sanitation

Information on the sale of food and licensing for farmers' market vendors.

Food Safety for Individuals

Information for individuals and businesses on how to safely handle and cook food.

Mobile Food Establishments

Sanitation and licensing requirements for mobile food vendors (food carts/ trucks).

Opening a Food Business

Links to resources needed to open a food business in Milwaukee.

Tattoos & Body Piercing

Licensing information for tattoo parlors and piercing shops along with health information for those who are considering or who have just recently gotten tattoos/health/piercings.

Temporary Event Food Licensing & Sanitation

Sanitation and licensing requirements for temporary food vendors at events in Milwaukee.

Weights and Measures Licensing

Obtain a license for your weighing or measuring device operating in the city of Milwaukee.