SYIP | Summer Youth Internship Program
- Interns earn $8.75 per hour.
- Interns work Monday through Friday 20 hours per week. [A maximum of 160 hours for the duration of the internship.]
- The internship work assignment begins Thursday, June 7th and ends Friday August 3rd.
- Interns must commit to work the entire 8-week program. Applicants with plans for summer school, summer camps, family reunions, or are unable to work the entire 8-week internship are asked not to apply.
Check the requirements below before you apply:
- Youth between the ages of 16 (as of June 1, 2018) and 19 years old.
- Priority is given to place high school juniors and seniors that have not previously participated in the program.
DO YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE?
To APPLY, you MUST complete the following TWO items:
- Complete your Online Application using this link.
- Students must provide their school transcripts along with attendance information.
- Mail or hand-deliver:
Summer Youth Internship Program
809 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Fax: 414-286-0851
A COMPLETED APPLICATION INCLUDING THE TRANSCRIPT and ATTENDANCE INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SYIP OFFICE BY:
4:00pm on Friday, March 23rd
The SYIP intern is placed in a City department such as Fire, Library, Neighborhood Services, Office of the Mayor, Administration, Common Council, Public Works, Assessor, Health, Port, or City Development for 8 weeks.