Sheila M. O'Shea, MS, CPCC
O'Shea & Associates
2809 N 61 St, Milwaukee WI 53210
If you are interested in one-on-one coaching sessions with Sheila O'Shea, please contact her directly.
Organizational development professional and Certified Professional Co-active Coach (CPCC) with extensive experience in various business environments. Experienced in interviewing, hiring, identifying performance problems, analyzing root causes, selecting and designing actions, measuring and improving results at individual, department and organization levels.
Sheila M. O'Shea & Associates, Milwaukee, WI - 1996 – Present (Part-Time)
Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Providing individual and business clients with executive and professional coaching and consulting services. Focusing on job search skills, interviewing, resume review and career management and career transition skills.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Milwaukee, WI 1997 – 2008
Second largest health care system in state of Wisconsin with over 14,000 associates.
Corporate Manager, Organization/Leadership Development - 2005-2008
Corporate Organizational Development practitioner assigned to five medical centers. Consulted with executives, directors, and managers in re-engineering departments to align with strategic initiatives, achieve outcomes, to improve teamwork and productivity. Interventions included coaching, role clarification, management transitions, change management and inter/intra departmental conflict resolution, employee engagement and retention strategies.
- Chaired Leadership Development Institute team delivering two day education programs to meet strategic initiatives.
- Coached executives, physicians, managers and supervisors resulting in improved Associate Opinion scores.
- Led Customer Service Training Institute team that designed and delivered training for individual departments, resulting in increased alignment with standards and significant and on-going improvement in customer satisfaction measurements.
- Redesigned corporate wide New Employee Orientation to meet regulatory requirements in 50% less time.
- Coached leaders with low Employee Opinion Survey scores to increase employee engagement and retention, productivity and improve satisfaction.
- Led leadership coaching sessions with strategic hospital teams, increasing productivity and reducing interpersonal and interdepartmental conflict.
- Reduced travel costs by 50% using Live Meeting Technology to collaborate with leaders in three states for both learning events and redesign of corporate-wide processes.
- Conducted Behavioral Interviewing Techniques for both leaders and associates.
Leadership Development Education Coordinator - 1997-2005
ALL SAINTS HEALTHCARE, entity of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare with 3,500 associates
Provided organizational development consulting services supporting managers dealing with change, performance improvement, and service excellence
- Chaired Leadership Development Institute Team – designed and coordinated delivery of twenty-two Leadership Development Institutes for 150-175 leaders, resulting in effective application of expected leadership behaviors, and accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Coached leaders, including physicians, in service excellence skills that resulted in increased patient satisfaction scores.
- Developed New Leader On-Boarding process using E-Learning strategies.
- Designed and delivered cross-functional training for various departments and divisions focusing on: Change Management, Accountability and Execution, Conflict Resolution, Diversity and Cultural Competence, Meeting Management, Emotional Intelligence, Behavioral Interviewing, and Career Transition.
THE BLOOD CENTER OF SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN, INC., Milwaukee, WI 1992 -1996
Manager Training & Education,
Provided internal consulting services related to: Re-engineering of the Human Resources functions, Managing Change in Changing Environments and establishing a Customer Service Driven focus at all departmental levels.
- Managed the design and delivery of competency based computer training modules that resulted in on-time delivery and certification of all individuals prior to the initiation of the new computer system as required by FDA regulation.
AURORA HEALTH CARE, INC., Milwaukee, WI 1984 - 1992
Sr. Organizational Development & Training Specialist
- Designed and presented various interactive training programs: Team Building, Active Listening, Leadership Development, Constructive Feedback, Conflict Management, Behavioral Interviewing and Managing Your Career.
- Co-designed a Management Orientation and Development system to introduce all new management staff to the Aurora system. Designed and directed management and supervisory level Assessment Centers.
- Designed and implemented a Managerial Performance Planning and Review system for 350 management level staff.
- Total Quality Management team facilitator for cross-functional teams, including a laboratory and emergency department team projects reducing waiting time for patients.
- Developed and delivered a Change Lab program for teams of participants, including physicians, about to introduce a variety of change programs in different departments.
Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI 1982 - 1984
Coordinator and Instructor - Programs in Management
Interviewed and recommended for hiring instructors for the Programs in Management program.
Courses taught: Management & Leadership, Organizational Behavior and Group Dynamics, Personnel Management, Business Ethics. Advised graduate and undergraduate students in designing, researching and evaluating business projects requiring 200 hours of independent study.
- Loyola University, Chicago, IL- additional master degree credits in Organizational Development
- M.S. University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- B.S. University of Dayton, OH
Other Professional Experience
- Certified Continuous Quality Improvement Facilitator - The Deming Method