Clarice L. Moore, MBA, ODC
Moore Management Consulting
414-875-8349 / 414-241-0761 Cellular
If you are interested in one-on-one coaching sessions with Clarice, please contact her directly.
This background summary is limited in scope to highlight Clarice’s 28 years of effective management, leadership, and training experience with the City of Milwaukee as well as her nine years’ teaching experience with Cardinal Stritch University.
Clarice L. Moore, proprietor of Moore Management Consulting, worked for the City of Milwaukee from (September 1979 through November 2, 2009). During her 30 year tenure with the City, Clarice acquired 28 years of effective management and leadership experience. She worked for the Labor Relations Division, the Milwaukee Health Department, and the Milwaukee Municipal Court. In addition, Clarice has been an adjunct faculty member at Cardinal Stritch University since 2002 in the University’s College of Business and Management.
Clarice is an experienced, competent, and skilled leader, manager, trainer, and instructor. She has worked both ends of the spectrum starting with the City as a Clerk Stenographer then advancing through the ranks to functioning as the Women Infants and Children Supplemental Food Program (WIC) Director, and retiring as the Assistant Court Administrator for the Milwaukee Municipal Court. Therefore, she understands the needs of both management and employees. She is able to assist employees in meeting their individual work-life needs without compromising management’s goals and objectives.
As the WIC Director/Program Manager for the Milwaukee Health Department, Clarice was responsible for staffing and managing four WIC clinics where during the last 12 years of her tenure she was responsible for directly supervising 35 professional, paraprofessional, and office support staff as well as developing and managing up to a 2 million dollar budget. She also was a member of the Milwaukee Health Department’s Diversity Enhancement Committee and served as a Total Quality Improvement trainer for the Department. Also, Clarice was a member of the City-wide WIC Coalition, and state-wide WIC Advisory Committee where she served as chairperson for two years.
As the Assistant Court Administrator for the Milwaukee Municipal Court, Clarice functioned as the deputy department head and chief operating officer. She directly or indirectly supervised 30 professional, paraprofessional, and office support staffers. respectively. She served as the Affirmative Action Officer, the Training Coordinator, and the liaison for a number of collaborating agencies including the Milwaukee Police Department, Milwaukee County Sheriff Department, Office of the City Attorney, and Justice 2000. Among other accomplishments, Clarice garnered support from the Department of Employee Relations Human Resource Manager, the Municipal Court’s Chief Court Administrator, Municipal Court Judges, Lead Court Clerk and other staffers, and developed, implemented, and monitored an in-house Court Clerk Training Program. Prior to her retirement in November 2009, one Court Clerk trainee was promoted to a Court Clerk position due to the retirement of the previous incumbent.
Clarice has served as an adjunct faculty member for Cardinal Stritch University since 2002. In the area of adult education, she teaches and is certified to teach a number of courses in the University’s College of Business and Management including but not limited to the following.
- Personal and Professional Development
- Principles of Self-Management
- Management and Leadership
- Introduction to Management
- Managing Cultural Diversity
- Staffing: Selection and Placement
- Human Resource Management
Clarice is a member of the University’s Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership and Vocation Mentoring Program groups.
- Extensive experience in management, leadership, and cohesive teambuilding and group dynamics
- Experience in employee and management coaching
- Extensive experience in group formation and group facilitation
- Extensive experience in effectively working with labor union representatives including stewards and higher level union representatives
- Experience in collaborating with various organizations
- Certified in Organizational Development
- Developed performance standards
- Developed competency-based management appraisal evaluation material
- Developed employee orientation material
- Developed in-house training program
- Developed and instructed training in conflict resolution, team building
- Ability to design on-ground and online courses
EDUCATION (FORMAL AND RECENT CONTINUING):
- BSBM, Business and Management, Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI
- MBA, Business Administration, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI
- ODC, Organizational Development Certification, University of Milwaukee, School of Continuing Education, Milwaukee, WI
- Facilitating Effective Learning Teams, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI
- Principles of Instructional Design, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI
- Instructional Design for Online Courses, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI