Computer Skills Training (click here)
COMPUTER SKILLS TRAINING FOR CITY EMPLOYEES
The Department of Employee Relations no longer offers in-house computer skills training. Instead, classes are available through MLT/Instructing Techologies which offers a wide variety of classes (see below) at their Brookfield location (555 S. Executive Drive - click here for directions). Classes are held weekdays from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. MLT/Instructing Techologies is the same vendor that presented in-house computer skills classes in the past. City employees that attend courses at Instructing Technologies do not have to pay the registration fee up-front as long as you follow the Registration Instructions listed below.
► TYPE OF COURSES OFFERED: (prices are subject to change)
- Office Productivity Training (2007, 2010 and 2013) -- $150 per day: MS Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- (2003 MS Office Suite classes are held by request if more than 5 trainees.)
- Advanced Office Technology Training -- $175 per day: MS Project, Visio
- Web Design, Reporting, Publishing Training -- $275 per day: Adobe, Crystal Reports, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, HTML
- Technical Training -- $300 per day: Microsoft (Server, Exchange, SharePoint)
- Project Management, Web Development, Database, Mainframe and Vendor Specific Training (For pricing information of technical training, contact Judy Kammermann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the entire Course Title(s) in the e-mail. Note: Not all technical training is subject to a discount.
► COURSE SCHEDULE: Click here for the most current schedule. (Filter the schedule by selecting a category, sub-category and location.)
► VERY IMPORTANT! DO NOT complete a tuition reimbursment application to apply or register for these courses! An official record of the class will automatically become a part of your training and/or tuition reimbursement history after you complete the course.
► REGISTRATION PROCEDURE:
- There is no upfront payment for attending a public class with MLT/Instructing Techologies if you follow the registration instructions below. For those using their tuition benefit, the registration fee is automatically "deducted" from your available tuition benefit balance. You can check your tuition benefit balance by logging into employee self-service, as well as view your in-house training course history.
- Choose the class you wish to attend, get your Supervisor's OK first. Please do not forward the form to Training & Development Services. You must forward the form to your TRAINING INFORMATION COORDINATOR.
- Do not contact Judy Kammermann to enroll yourself or others. You must go through the Training Information Coordinator. While your supervisor may approve your attendance, you or your supervisor must enroll through the Training Information Coordinator.
- Once the registration process is complete, you and your Training Information Coordinator will receive an official class confirmation through City E-Mail directly from Judy Kammermann of Training & Development Services. Do not attend unless you receive the email confirmation. If you attend a class and you did not properly register, you may have to reschedule or pay via a credit card.
QUESTIONS? Click here to send an E-mail message.
page updated 11/04/2013