Flexible Choices Program (FSA)
Debit Card PIN Information
On April 1, 2013, a new regulation goes into effect as part of the Dodd-Frank Wall-Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The amendment requires all eflex Card users to be given the option of paying their eligible benefits with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the point-of-sale, in addition to the current signature process.
The use of a PIN is not required to use the eflex Card. The eflex Card can be used the same as before. Participants can simply swipe the card as a credit transaction and provide a signature. This new regulation requires card administrators to make the PIN option available to consumers.
If users are interested in setting up a PIN for the eflex Card, they need to:
1. Take a look at the back of their eflex Card. Does it read "This Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank" or "This card is issued by UMB bank"?
A. If issued by Bancorp Bank: Call 1-866-898-9795 and an automated system will walk them through the prompt to create a PIN.
B. If issued by UMB Bank: Call 1-888-999-0121 and an automated system will walk them through the prompt to create a PIN.
If you have any questions regarding this change, please feel free to contact us Toll Free at (877)-933-3539.
2013 FLEXIBLE CHOICES PROGRAM (FSA)
- GRACE PERIOD to incur expenses for 2013 FSA FUNDS ENDS SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2014 – Contact Employee Relations at 286-8111 with questions, or click here to e-mail.
- FSA Medical Expense Reimbursement Request Deadline for 2013 Funds is Tuesday, April 29, 2014 – Contact Employee Relations at 286-8111 with questions, or click here to e-mail.
If you have a change in status, please click here to send an email message or call 286-8111.
- All employees will receive a Debit Card. If you already have a debit card, as long as you elect an account, this card is good through the expiration date on your card. The Debit Card is issued for all Flexible Spending Accounts and all plans are linked to the debit card.
- If you need additional debit cards for a spouse and/or dependents, there is no fee. To request additional cards:
- Click on the following link: https://www.eflexgroup.com/forms/FSA/
- Under the category, eFlex Debit Card Tools, click on "Request Additional eFlex Debit Card" to download the form.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Use this form if you want eflexgroups.com to credit reimbursements directly into a checking or savings account of your designation.
- Claim Form
- You may also file claims ONLINE and check your balance and previous claims 24/7! Go to www.eflexgroup.com.
- If you are filing an e-claim with eflexgroup.com, the toll free fax number for your receipts is: 1-877-231-1287.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING 2013 GRACE PERIOD:
- You may incur expenses for the year 2013 through March 15, 2014. However, you must claim reimbursement for any 2013 expenses prior to using your Debit Card in 2014 or claiming reimbursement for 2013 expenses. The DEADLINE for claiming reimbursement for 2013 expenses is April 29, 2014.
Parking does not have a Grace Period but your FSA-Parking money is never lost! Your parking expenses must occur in the calendar year and you must claim your calendar year expenses by February 15 of the next year. Once the current year has closed, any money left in your FSA-Parking Account will be rolled over into your next year’s FSA-Parking Account.
If you have any questions regarding this grace period or other Flexible Choices issues, please click here to send an Email message.
If you are nearing retirement OR are planning to separate from City Service, PLEASE read the following:
- Flexible Spending Account - Medical:
If you leave City employment and you are enrolled in a Medical-FSA, your period of coverage ends on your separation date. You must claim reimbursement of eligible expenses within 30 days of your date of separation from the City. Expenses incurred after your coverage ends are not eligible for reimbursement. Please call 286-8111 for further information or send an email to email@example.com.
- Flexible Spending Account - Dependent Care:
- Coverage for the Dependent Day Care-FSA ends on your separation date. You must claim reimbursement of eligible expenses within 30 days of your date of separation from the City. Contact the Employee Benefits Division at 286-3184 for further information.
Any questions regarding these accounts should be directed to eflexgroup.com: