Just as any other citizen, you, as a City employee, are subject to call for jury duty. During any periods of jury service, you will receive your full pay from the City. You must, however, turn over all jury fees (excluding the travel allowance) to the City Treasurer. When you are not actually assigned to a case or are released early, you will be expected to report to your regular job. For further information please contact your department's payroll personnel.
Click on one of the following formats to download the Application for Jury Duty Pay (C-139RS):
- For all time off related to Jury Duty, earn code 046 should be charged on your online time card.
- As quickly as possible after you’ve attended Jury Duty, you must submit the following to your department's payroll personnel:
- A completed application for Jury Duty (form # C-139RS) signed by you and your supervisor.
- You must attach a COPY of the County’s Juror Certification of Service letter to your application for Jury Duty. This document summarizes the dates, hours, and amount of pay for your juror service; you should receive this document from the county within 7-10 days of the dates you served as a juror.
- Note: The City of Milwaukee NO LONGER requires a copy of the actual check you receive for jury duty. Once you receive it in the mail you may cash it immediately.
- A payroll adjustment will be done to take back the amount you were paid as a juror. The city will not recuperate any amount you are paid for transportation.