Bookmark and Share

District 7 - Alderman Willie C. Wade

Web Show Interview

Willie Wade appeared as a guest recently on the web news show "Our Issues Milwaukee." 

Recycle for Good, Milwaukee

Alderman Willie Wade and Alderman Jim Bohl remind residents to recycle. Visit to learn more.

Attention Bishop's Creek Residents!

Please view the following video about a new program that will help you with upgrades to your home.


Alderman Willie Wade Speaks Out Against Gun Crime

Alderman Willie Wade, of Milwaukee's 7th District, speaks out against gun crime and in support of the plan to fix gun checks.

Don't Lose Your Home to Tax Foreclosure

Watch as Milwaukee City Treasurer Spencer Coggs and Common Council Members Willie C. Wade, Milele C. Coggs, and José G. Pérez suggest a way to avoid losing your home to tax foreclosure.



Report vandalism to vacant buildings

  • Call WeTIP at: 1-800-78-CRIME
  • You could be eligible to receive up to $1,000 reward                                   


MMSD Releases Basement Sewage Backup Video

This 7-minute video released by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) shows how excess flows of storm water in private sanitary sewer laterals can contribute to sewage backups in basements. Alderman Wade serves as a member of the board overseeing MMSD.


Have You Experienced a Basement Backup?
If you experienced a basement backup as a result of the exceptionally heavy rain in the area, we want to hear about it. Your input is valuable in determining where backups occurred and how to possibly prevent future problems of this nature. Call 286-CITY (2489) to report your problem 24/7.

Sewer Lateral Demonstration Project

In the City of Milwaukee, a joint demonstration project between the city and the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) is tackling the largest contributor of damaging basement backups during and after heavy rain events. Clear water flow into the sanitary sewer system (sometimes referred to as “inflow and infiltration” or I&I) from private property sources causes devastating damage to basements during and after heavy rain events.

Alderman Wade is joined at the rollout of the sewer lateral demonstration project by Jerome Flogel - MMSD Senior Project Manager, DPW City Engineer Jeff Polenske, Alderman Jim Bohl and Mayor Tom Barrett.

View the Basement Connection website  |  Learn more about the Cooper Park Pilot Project  |  JSOnline: Lateral Repairs to start on West Side

WRTP / BIG STEP Community Jobs and Resource Event
Come learn more about the various career opportunities available in the construction skilled trades on the Northwestern Mutual Construction project. Northwestern Mutual will soon begin building a $450 million headquarters in downtown Milwaukee. This job will require many skilled construction workers over the next five years, and WRTP / BIG STEP will provide the training and access to trade apprenticeship opportunities necessary to start a career in construction.

There will also be resources available to address barriers to employment, such as lack of a driver's license or a GED, and other assistance. Please call WRTP / BIG STEP at 414-342-9787 for more information.

Job Creation – Youthbuild
Youthbuild, a Wisconsin Fresh Start Initiative, is a workforce development program that provides low-income, at-risk youth and young adults, ages 18 to 21, with comprehensive training and employment services in order to help them lead responsible lives. The Milwaukee Christian Center and the Northcott Neighborhood House are the two agencies that sponsor Youthbuild. Participants receive academic assistance so they can earn their GEDs, as well as hands-on construction skills through the building or rehabilitation of houses. For more information, contact Milwaukee Christian Center at 645-5350 or Northcott Neighborhood House at 372-3770.

Foreclosure Help for Homeowners
The City of Milwaukee is committed to helping our neighborhoods remain healthy for generations to come. We are coordinating with various organizations, government agencies and private lenders and reaching out to homeowners facing foreclosure. For access to more resources, visit

The Common Council voted to fund a new foreclosure mediation program through the Department of City Development (DCD). The program offers legal aid to homeowners facing foreclosure and helps them negotiate solutions with their lender. Also, neighbors should report problems with boarded up houses to the Department of Neighborhood Services. Call (414) 286-2268 with the address of the property in question or visit for more information. DCD also provides programs like the Buy in Your Neighborhood program and other stabilization options.

Go to for more information.
The following organizations also offer foreclosure solutions:
Select Milwaukee • (414) 562-5070 •
Neighborhood Stabilization Project •
Take Root Milwaukee • (414) 921-4149 •

Common Council Logo  

Contact Us

City Hall
200 E. Wells Street
Room 205
Milwaukee, WI 53202  

(414) 286-2221


Call for Action
Phone Directory

A limited number of booklets can be obtained by contacting my assistant at 286-2863. You can also download and print your own version of the directory, or call 286-CITY to instantly be connected with any city service.