A new Audit Hotline web page is now up and operating, giving the public a means to report fraud, waste and abuse in City of Milwaukee government. Those reporting information to the hotline can do so anonymously.
Ald. Dudzik said other major cities that have created similar mechanisms for reporting fraud and abuse have saved millions of dollars by rooting out and eliminating such activities.
The Audit Hotline web page may be used to report:
The city's Audit Hotline web page is not intended for reporting:
- Illegal acts, such as theft, fraud, kickbacks, price fixing, or conflicts of interest by city employees and its contractors;
- Misuse or abuse of city property, including city buildings, vehicles, or equipment;
- Misconduct, incompetence or inefficiency by city employees.
- Improper activities by County, State or Federal employees or entities;
- Improper activities by private parties not related to City of Milwaukee government.
The public is encouraged to report fraud, waste and abuse in City of Milwaukee government. The Audit Hotline web page may be accessed by clicking here. Please follow the reporting instructions carefully. Audit Hotline staff can also be contacted by email at Hotline@milwaukee.gov, by FAX at (414) 286-3281 or by mail at the following address:
Office of the Comptroller