This page is currently out of date. The new version of Map Milwaukee is available here. http://city.milwaukee.gov/mapmilwaukee
The links and instructions below no longer work. An update to this page with revised instructions is coming soon.
Map Milwaukee, the City of Milwaukee's online Geographic Information System, has maps of historic districts.
1. Go to the Map Milwaukee website: www.milwaukee.gov/MapMilwaukee3480.htm.
2. Select "Enter Map Milwaukee."
3. On the right side of the window, select the checkboxes next to "Local Historic Districts" and/or "National Historic Districts" (these layers are under the "Property and Zoning Data" category). Un-check "Aldermanic District" and the historic districts will display.
4. Zoom in to the area of interest by selecting the "Zoom in" button on the left side of the window. Repeat as needed.
5. On the right side of the window, under "Layer List," select both the box and circle next to "Parcels" under the "Property and Zoning Data" heading.
6. If you have zoomed in close enough to see parcel lines, you can use the "Identify" tool on the left side of the window to determine the address and taxkeys of parcels located in designated districts.
For additional help on using MapMilwaukee, go to: http://gis.milwaukee.gov/website/mm1/help.htm.