Tomorrow’s LEADERS don’t have to wait.
They can start shaping their community TODAY.
We are looking for passionate, talented individuals who are driven to making a difference in their community.
Advantages of participation:
• Leadership role for future college applications and resume
• Meet inspiring peers who are interested in politics and local affairs
• Actively participate and engage with Common Council members
• Create the change you want to see in the City of Milwaukee
• Attend meetings every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at City Hall
• Engage with peers, diverse groups and government legislation
• Live in the City of Milwaukee and be between the ages of 14-18
• Participate in trainings, conferences and various discussions
• Be prepared to fulfill a one-year term
Milwaukee Youth Council Membership Application
Complete the following application to be considered for the Milwaukee Youth Council. Please fill out all sections to the best of your ability.
Date of Birth
Apt. # (if applicable)
If you do not know your Aldermanic District, please click here to look it up.
Home Phone (optional)
Cell Phone (optional)
It is very important that you provide a current e-mail address or phone number where we can reach you. If you do not have a phone or e-mail, you may sign up for a free e-mail account by visiting www.gmail.com.
If you are not currently attending school, do you plan to enroll?
Why do you want to join the Youth Council?
Name one issue you care deeply about.
How did you hear about the Youth Council?
Which social networking sites do you use? (Check all that apply)