The Planning Administration Section of DCD's Planning Division:
- Staffs the City Plan Commission (CPC).
- Works with developers on zoning and land use issues regarding proposed development projects.
- Reviews special uses and variances referred by the Board of Zoning Appeals (BOZA).
- Reviews Zoning Applications and Procedures:
- Reviews and processes proposed new Planned Developments and modifications to existing Planned Developments.
- Zoning Map Amendments and Zoning Text Amendments.
- Establishes Overlay Districts (Site Plan Review, Development Incentive Zone, Neighborhood Conservation and Interim Study) and reviews projects proposed in these districts.
- Also Reviews Additional Applications and Procedures:
- Reviews and processes proposed street and alley vacations, Subdivision Plats and Certified Survey Maps.
- Prepares new zoning regulations to address development-related problems or objectives.