The Long Range Planning Section of DCD's Planning Division:
- Prepares and maintains the City’s Comprehensive Plan
- Collaborates with other City departments and other governmental units in the preparation of plans and studies
- Prepares redevelopment plans
- Prepares design guidelines for projects and plans
- Advises and helps implement community-driven planning initiatives
The foundation for many planning projects is data on demographic, housing, and economic issues. To view census data for Milwaukee use, Map Milwaukee or American FactFinder.