Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse of City Resources
Welcome to the City of Milwaukee Comptroller's Audit Hotline site. The City is very interested in receiving any citizen and employee concerns regarding fraud, waste, inefficiencies and abuses within City government operations. If you have knowledge of such activities, please report your concerns through this web site, email FAX or mail as indicated below.
What we review:
- Illegal acts, such as theft, fraud, kickbacks, price fixing, or conflict of interest by City employees and its contractors
- Misuse or abuse of City property, including City buildings, vehicles, equipment or City time by City employees
- Gross misconduct, incompetence, or inefficiency by City employees
What we do not review:
- Improper activities by County, State or Federal employees or entities (See below).
- Improper activities by private parties not related to City government.
To report fraud, waste and abuse please follow these instructions carefully:
- Describe your concern. Provide the names of all individuals involved, including any other witnesses. Give the dates and times the incident(s) occurred and where it happened. State whether there is any supporting documentation such as birth dates, license plate numbers, social security numbers, addresses, invoice numbers, check numbers or other document numbers. (Copies of the supporting documentation can be sent to City of Milwaukee, Office of the Comptroller, Attention Audit Hotline, see address below).
- Please keep a record of the date and time you are sending your communication. These two items will serve as your identification codes if you choose to follow up on any concerns reported to the Hotline.
- You do not need to provide your name to submit your concern. However, we would like to be able to contact you. At your option, please include a phone number or address that we may be able to follow-up on your concerns and indicate whether your identity should be kept confidential.
- To report your concerns please click here.
- You may also report your concerns by email at Hotline@milwaukee.gov , by phone at (414) 286-3440, by FAX at (414) 286-3281, or by mail at the following address:
Office of the Comptroller
Attention: Audit Hotline
200 E. Wells Street, Room 404
Milwaukee, WI 53202