10 TEN TIPS TO MAKE MORE MONEY or 10 WAYS to Make Selling you Property Easier!
or How to Impress a Potential Renter
Whether you are buying, selling or renting, here are some simple things people can do to improve their property!
1) Let the sun shine in- Check and double-check all bathrooms and bedrooms. Make sure they are bright and airy.
2) Shape-up Your Lawn- Be sure your lawn is moved, trimmed and edged; flower beds cultivated; and your lawn free of debris.
3) Showcase Your Kitchen- Your kitchen should be gleaming and spotless. A well coordinated and clean kitchen impresses potential buyers.
4) Brighten Up- Check all walls, ceilings and woodwork. If dirty or faded wash or repaint where needed. It's a small investment that can bring an early sale.
5) Top to Bottom- Get rid of all unnecessary articles in your attic and basement. Arrange the remaining articles neatly to show this space to its best advantage.
6) Closet Space- Closets appear larger when they are arranged neatly. Hang clothes properly and place shoes and hats in an orderly fashion.
7) Nip the Drip- Fix those leaky faucets. If you don't , your client could think you have faulty plumbing.
8) It is the Little Things- Take care of sticky drawers, loose doorknobs, and warped cabinet doors. They upset prospects!
9) Clean! Clean! Clean!- Bright windows and spotless rooms help sell you house. Keep rooms furnished. Empty rooms can be depressing.
10) Night Lights- When showing after dark, turn on all lights throughout the house. A well lit house gives the feeling of friendliness and warmth.
Still don't understand why? Then take a free Landlord Training class to see what people are buying and selling!
Last Update 10/30/12