Bookmark and Share

Property Recording

The City of Milwaukee requires all non-owner occupied residential and all commercial property owners to record ownership information with the Department of Neighborhood Services. This information is critical for the timely contact in the event of an emergency and speedy resolution of complaints.

Applications can be picked up at the downtown office or printed via the links below. Be sure to follow the directions and read the complete instructions and application before you call for help. Familiarity with the form will help you avoid mistakes and spend less time filling it out. Use of the internet forms requires the Acrobat reader. Get ACROBAT READER.

As a result of Wisconsin Act 176, which became effective March 2, 2016, we are required to make changes to our Property Recording program.  We are in the process of revising our forms to be in compliance with the new state law. We will continue to add revised forms as they become available.

Forms available as of: 3/29/2016

Please wait while we gather your results.

Change Water Bill Address

Cambio de direccion postal

Use this form if you want to change the address where the bill is sent.

Property Recording Application (DNS-8A) with REVISED INSTRUCTIONS

This document contains the revised instructions for completing the existing Property Recording Application (DNS-8A). This form should be used until the revised application is available.

Property Recording Seller Notification Form (DNS-8D)

This document is used to notify the department that the property has changed ownership.

Thank you for your patience during this transition.

Last Update


Department Logo  

Contact Us

Property Recording
841 N. Broadway
Room 105
Milwaukee, WI 53202


Property Recording Information Inquiries


Property Recording Supervisor

Lakisha Bridges

Receive New Form Notifications by email:

E-Notify button
Add "DNS Notices" to your E-Notify subscription list. An E-Notify message will be sent as soon as new forms are available.