1. The first step is to introduce the ordinance to the Common Council; DCD must receive the application, fees and legal description at least 10 days prior to introduction at a Common Council meeting.
2. After the item is introduced at Council, additional submission materials for planned developments must be received by DCD 15 days prior to the City Plan Commission.
3. Public hearing notices are mailed to land owners within 200 feet of the boundaries of the site 10 days in advance of the City Plan Commission meeting.
4. The ordinance is scheduled as a public hearing at a City Plan Commission meeting; the owner must attend.
5. The ordinance is scheduled as a public hearing at a Zoning, Neighborhoods and Development Committee meeting; the owner must attend.
6. The ordinance goes to the Common Council for final approval; the owner does not attend.
Note: it may be possible to expedite the Zoning, Neighborhoods and Development Committee public hearing, provided that the expedited schedule is approved by the Chair of Zoning, Neighborhoods, and Development and by the local alderperson at least three weeks prior to the Zoning, Neighborhoods, and Development meeting.