Problems with your landlord? The Complaint Process
All of the items listed below can be handled by calling the DNS HOTLINE at 286-2268.
- Landlord - Tenant rights and responsibilities disputes
- Tenant complaints about building conditions
- Garbage, debris, litter on private property or business area
- Abandoned, nuisance or junk vehicles parked on private property.
- (Cars parked in yards without owners permission go to Police Department 933-4444)
- Cars abandoned on the street or alley go to Dept. Public Works Tow Desk 286-8350)
- General Building Code Enforcement questions
- Exterior Code Surveys Code Compliance Program
- Animals that are abused, running at large or other nuisance pests like roaches, mice or rats.
- Lack of heat, water or other essential service
Related property & building code issues handled by other City Departments
- Requests for special pick-ups and dumpster reservations (DPW 286-8282)
- Bees or Hornets in City owned trees (DPW's Forestry Department 286-8282)
- Lead Paint Inspections (Health Department 286-0387)
- Fraud by landlord or contractor (State of Wisconsin Consumer Protection 266-1231)
- Housing Assistance (DCD 286-5677)
- Building Permits (Development Center DCD 286-8211)
- Building Codes-copies of code books (Legislative Reference Bureau 286-2295)