To obtain the posted parking regulations for a specific street go to Street Parking Regulations.
Vehicle must be in compliance with all posted signs.
- If a street has no posted time restrictions, vehicles may park on the street all day, night parking hours are 2:00 a.m through 6:00 a.m.
- If hourly parking exists, parking is limited to the posted time restrictions.
- At least 15 ft of clearance must be maintained when parked in an alley.
- To obtain permits for Residential Daytime Parking Privilege for Nonconforming Residential Uses and for Commuter Parking Impacted Areas go to the Parking Services Permits page.
- For locations with meter parking please visit the Meters website for more information.
- For off-street parking options in the downtown Milwaukee area visit Park Milwaukee
How Close Can I Park?
Other Parking Regulations
- No 24-Hour Parking
No vehicle shall be permitted to stand in one place on a highway for more than 24 hours.
- Private Property
No motor vehicle shall be left parked within the front yard or the front, rear street, side street or side setback of the principal building or any residential property, including single family, 2-family, and multi-family dwellings.
- Loading Zones
Loading zones are to be used for the purpose of, and while actually engaged in, loading or unloading.
To report an illegally parked vehicle call (414) 286-CITY or report a violation online.
Parking Regulations are established by the City of Milwaukee Code of Ordinances and Wisconsin State Statutes.
Types and Costs of Parking Citations