What is Parents Nurturing and Caring for their Children?
Caring public health nurses work with families through personal visits. This voluntary program provides prenatal care coordination services (PNCC) by:
- Working with families to identify their goals.
- Supporting these families in teir efforts to meet these goals.
- Providing information on how to care for self and baby.
- Connecting families with community services in their neighborhood/community.
What services does PNCC offer?
PNCC services to families include:
- Health assessments and information.
- Goal setting and care planning
- Referrals to community resources.
Who is eligible to participate in the program?
All medicaid eligible pregnant women who are interested in learning more about having a healthy baby are eligible to participate in PNCC. This program serves the City of Milwaukee residents.
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact the City of Milwaukee Health Department's central Intake and referral line at (414)286-8620 for more information.