On-Line Auction Guidelines
City of Milwaukee On-Line Auction Municipality Guidelines
- Requests to sell merchandise must be received by the City of Milwaukee electronically by filling out the Municipality On-Line Auction Form with complete information for merchandise to be sold.
- Each item must have a separate form filled out. However, if there are multiple like items, those items can be submitted on one form indicating the appropriate quantities available and sizes and/or colors, if applicable.
- Each form must be accompanied with an electronic photo of the item to be sold.
- Each submission will be subject to a $25 insertion fee. This fee is non-refundable unless the City rejects the item submitted. Items received for auction from other municipalities will not be posted until the $25 insertion fee is received by the City. The check must be made payable to the "City of Milwaukee" and mailed to the following address:
City of Milwaukee Department of Administration
Business Operations Division
City Hall, Room 601
200 East Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Attention: Michelle Kaczmarowski
- The name, phone number and email address where bidders can direct questions will be listed on the item when posted on the site. If the contact person is different than that listed on the form, please provide the necessary information in the "Description" area.
- Inspection date listed on submission form must be at least three weeks from the date of the submission of request to the City.
- Participants will be notified via email of the name, contact information, and dollar amount of the highest bid.
- Storage, inspection, notification of award of the highest bidder, payment and pickup arrangements are the participant's responsibilities.
- Determination of suitability of items to be sold is the responsibility of the municipality submitting the request. However, the City of Milwaukee reserves the right to make an additional determination as to the suitability of items to be sold on their site and to reject any requests deemed inappropriate.
- The City of Milwaukee reserves the right to schedule items submitted for sale when convenient for the City.
- Any questions on the use of this site should be directed to Procurement Services at 414-286-3501.