|Home Rehabilitation Loan Program guidelines application
Tenant Information Form (to be submitted only with application when homeowners
have tenants in a duplex property)
The Home Rehabilitation Loan Program offers zero-interest and deferred payment rehab loans to income-qualified owner-occupants. The property must be located in the City of Milwaukee's Community Development Block Grant Area.
**UPDATE: Beginning 12/01/2012, applications to the Home Rehabilitation Program will be limited to elderly homeowners (62 years and older) and residents of TIN neighborhoods**
- Exterior code-related repairs such as roofing, siding, porch repairs
- Lead paint abatement including replacement windows
- Energy conservation
- Plumbing, electrical, heating
- Kitchen, bath, and other remodeling are possible
The property must meet building code requirements upon completion of the rehab.
Income Guidelines (Effective 01/10/2013)
Eligibility is limited to clients with household income no greater than:
Experienced rehabilitation specialists perform a thorough inspection of the property, identifying problem areas. The rehab specialist writes a scope of work (a list of the work that needs to be done) and helps owners get bids from contractors. Once the work starts, the rehab specialist makes periodic inspections to make sure the work meets program requirements.
Things you should know:
- Your real estate taxes must be current or paid in full. If you are on the
installment plan, you can't be delinquent.
- We will look at the amount of mortgage cebt you have against your property.
- We will order a credit report and will review your credit history.
- If you have declared bankuptcy, your bankruptcy must be discharged
within 6 months prior to your application. You should have a satisfactory
credit history since the discharge.
- If you have received previous loans from NIDC or the City of Milwaukee,
your application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.