Garbage is collected weekly in 96 gallon carts. Garbage collection is guaranteed, year round. Additional garbage carts are available for a fee. Recycling collection schedules vary. Additional recycling carts are available at no cost.
Set Out Instructions:
- Carts and bins must be at the collection point (alley line or curb line) by 7 AM on designated pickup dates.
- Carts must be 3 feet away from other objects
- Carts and bins must be returned to the storage area by 10 PM. (Scheduled winter pickups for garbage and some recycling routes may be postponed due to winter weather. In this situation, leave the cart(s) at the collection point until emptied.)
- Garbage must be bagged. Recyclables must be loose. Learn about what materials can and cannot be collected.
Some residents have their garbage or recyclables collected by an Automated Side Loader (or ASL) truck. If your cart is collected by an ASL truck, in addition to the instructions above, you must make sure the lid opens to the street or alley and the handle is closest to the house. Learn more about ASL collection.
Winter collection months (December - March),
- Guaranteed collection routes. All garbage routes and recycling routes have a scheduled pick up day throughout the winter months. Residents on these routes are responsible for setting out the cart(s) the same as during the summer months. Carts on guaranteed routes will not be collected from storage areas at any time.
- Non-guaranteed recycling collection routes. Some recycling routes do not have guaranteed collection during the winter months. When you look up your schedule online you will see a date range for your collection which falls every 15 - 20 work days. Store your cart in a visible, accessible area with a shoveled, open path. Crews will retrieve the cart from the storage area and empty it. Once emptied, please return the cart to the storage area.
For information on your scheduled garbage and recycling collection dates, enter your address below.
Collection schedules may shift after holidays.