Set Out Instructions
Place your cart at your collection point (either the curb line or the alley line):
- by 7 AM on your scheduled collection day
- 3 feet away from other objects
- return your cart to your storage area by 10 PM (Pickups may be postponed due to winter weather. In this situation, leave cart(s) at the collection point until emptied.)
Some residents have their recyclables or garbage collected by an Automated Side Loader (or ASL) truck. If your cart is collected by an ASL truck, in addition to the set out instructions above, you must make sure the lid opens to the street or alley and that the handle is closest to the house as in the picture above. Learn more about ASL collection.
Winter collection months (December - March)
- Non-guaranteed recycling collection routes. You will see a date range that your recyclables will be collected, which falls roughly every 20 work days. Leave your cart in your accessible storage area. Crews will get your cart from your storage area to empty it. Make sure there is a shoveled, open path for crews to safely get your cart. Once your cart is emptied, return it to your storage area.
- Guaranteed collection routes. Some residents on an ASL route have a scheduled pick up day throughout the winter months for their recyclables. These residents are responsible for setting out their recycling cart according to that schedule. Your cart will not be collected from your storage area at any time.