Mailing Address Change
Address Change forms are used to change the mailing address only for Tax Bill and Assessment Notices.
- Names cannot be changed on our ownership records unless a conveyance document has been recorded at the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds.
- If the Assessor's Office has not received a copy of the recorded document to change the ownership, the old owner's name will stay on our records. An address change card will not change any information.
- We will not change the mailing address to "in care of" the new owner.
- If the owner's name has changed due to marriage or divorce, a conveyance document needs to be recorded with the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds.
- If a spouse has died, their name cannot be removed from the records without a recorded document.
- Print this form, enter the correct information on the form, then mail it to:
200 E. Wells Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
CHANGE MAILING ADDRESS ONLY ON PROPERTY LOCATED AT:
Address of Parcel:_______________________________________
Tax Key Number:_______________________________________
Name (for verification) and Mailing Address of Owner:
New Mailing Address:
City: State: Zip:
NOTE: OWNERSHIP NAMES ARE OBTAINED FROM DOCUMENTS RECORDED WITH THE
MILWAUKEE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS, MILWAUKEE COUNTY COURTHOUSE.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE NAME(S) AS SHOWN, CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY,
TITLE COMPANY OR MORTGAGE HOLDER AND VERIFY YOUR DOCUMENT.
Signature of Owner or Agent (please circle) Date