MEMORIAL & HONOR
For over 115 years, Milwaukee Firefighters have protected the lives and property of the City of Milwaukee citizens. During this time, over 106 members have given their lives in the line of duty. There is a monument placed outside of the MFD headquarters, 711 West Wells, dedicated to the MFD fallen firefighters, which shows our appreciation for their sacrifice and courage.
The central focus of the monument is a sculpture produced by a renowned fire artist Robert Daus. The statue depicts a helmet, coat and boots, arranged for the funeral procession of a fallen firefighter. It sits on top of a black granite pedestal with the names of the 106 Milwaukee firefighters who have died in the line of duty and sacrificed their lives for the community. It not only symbolizes the fallen firefighter, but also the loss felt by family, friends and fellow firefighters. To view the list of all Milwaukee's fallen firefighters please click here.
You can also show that you haven’t forgotten the ultimate sacrifice the brave men and women of the Milwaukee Fire Department have made by making a contribution to the Milwaukee Fallen Firefighter Memorial. You can purchase a personalized brick that will be place in the "Walk of Honor" which surrounds the monument. To make a contribution please click here.
There are five (5) levels of contributions—all are tax deductible.
1. SPONSOR: Contributions of $130 or more will receive a personalized brick in the walkway attached to the memorial.
2. BRONZE: Contributions over $1000 will receive a personalized brick and a bronze bust of the sculpture.
3. SILVER: Contributions over $2500 will receive a bronze bust of the sculpture and your name or business name inscribed on a plaque mounted on the monument.
4. GOLD: Contributions of $5000 and above will receive a bronze bust of the sculpture, your designation on the major donors plaque, and an artist print of the site.
5. CONTRIBUTOR: Any contribution less than sponsor will be gratefully accepted.
If you have any questions, please call 286-8970.