Home and Auto Security
Protect Your Home
What is your score? Take a survey and get tips on how to maintain a secure home.
Help for Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
Do you think you might lose your home? You are not alone. For questions or to seek help, call the Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council at 414-921-1090.
The City of Milwaukee is committed to helping our neighborhoods remain healthy for generations to come. We are coordinating with various organizations, government agencies and private lenders and reaching out to homeowners facing foreclosure.
Protection of Tenant Rights During Foreclosure
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett is promoting a new state law that recently took effect that protects the rights of renters of foreclosed properties.
Milwaukee has experienced an increasing trend of motor vehicle theft and theft from autos in its surrounding neighborhoods.
Vehicle Theft Prevention Tips
- Car Alarm
- Steering Wheel Immobilization Device (The Club etc..)
- Brake Immobilization Device
- GPS tracking devices (Onstar or Lo-jack)
- Park in your garage if you have one, and lock all garage doors
- Park in a well lit area monitored by security or video cameras
- Do not leave your keys unattended around strangers.
- NEVER leave your vehicle running and unattended.
Theft from Vehicle Prevention Tips
- Place any valuables in your trunk prior to arriving at your destination.
- Do not leave anything with value in plain sight. This includes something as simple as loose change.