To provide departments with records services, information management, and mail services in a timely manner while assisting them with achieving business goals and ensuring legal compliance with local, state, and federal record laws, as well as USPS mail standards and regulations.
City Mail Room
Document Services Section provides metering/sorting of US mail and sorting of interoffice mail.
U.S. Mail is metered on site daily and picked up and pre-sorted by an outside vendor. Pre-sorting allows City departments to take advantage of reduced postal rates.
City Records Center
Document Services Section provides storage, retrieval, preservation and destruction of records in any form for all City departments, as well as consultation regarding records management issues.
- Records Pickup For Storage In City Hall Complex Only.
- Records Media Conversion.
- Paper, Optical Disk, Magnetic And Microfilm Storage.
- Confidential Record Destruction.
- Application Process for Public Retrieval of Structure Plans.
- Legally Compliant Digital Imaging And Microfilming.
- Department Training On Compliance With Records Laws.
- Departmental Records Schedule Maintenance and Development.
- Administration Of City of Milwaukee's Centralized Imaging System, E-Vault.
Records Reference Links