Directions to the Port
Port Administration Building: 2323 S. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53207
The three main roads at the Port of Milwaukee (Harbor Drive, Carferry Drive and S. Lincoln Memorial Drive) are public streets. Please be careful, however, as large cranes, forklifts and heavy duty trucks are constantly crossing these roads. The land is leased out to private companies and are restricted to the public. Homeland Security guidelines call for all parties at the Port to report suspicious activity and they are required to stop and ask you who you are and what is your purpose at the Port.
Please keep yourself safe and on the public right-of-way on Port roads. If you want to take pictures or go on any private property please call the Port's main office at (414) 286-3511. You can also find information regarding individual companies at:
Local Business Contacts - Directory of Services.
From the North
- Use 1-43 South into Milwaukee.
- Take the Becher Street exit (312-B) and turn LEFT on W. Becher Street.
- Proceed onto W. Becher Street for 0.5 MILES where Becher turns into E. Bay Street.
- Proceed on E. Bay Street for 0.5 MILES and veer right onto Lincoln Avenue Viaduct
- Turn right at S. Lincoln Memorial Drive.
- (Turn left if you wish to proceed to the commercial port.
- Port Administration Building will immediately be on your right. (2323 S Lincoln Memorial Drive)
From the West
- Use I-94 East into Milwaukee
- As you come into downtown Milwaukee continue onto 794-E for 3.2 MILES and take EXIT 3 (S. Carferry Drive)
- Keep LEFT at the fork and continue onto S. Carferry Drive (LEFT TURN)
- Continue onto S. Carferry Drive for 0.3 miles and turn LEFT on S. Lincoln Memorial Drive
- Port Administration Building will be immediately on your LEFT
- (Continue straight to proceed to the commerical port)
From the South
- Take I-94 or I-43 into Milwaukee.
- Take exit 312-A B - Becher Street off I-94
- Turn right on W. Becher Street
- Proceed about 1/2 mile. Becher turns into E. Bay Street
- Proceed another 1/2 mile on E. Bay Street and veer right onto Lincoln Avenue viaduct.
- Turn right on S. Lincoln Memorial Drive (lakefront)
- The Port Administration Building (2323 S Lincoln Memorial Drive) will immediately be on your right (two story beige colored building with a big red buoy in front)