Error Message "Open Failed for Locked File" Fix
The City of Milwaukee recently upgraded its web security software. As a result many computers with bookmarked pages may result in links to older or missing files. It is necessary to reset your links to the new files in order to avoid the error message of "Open Failed for Locked File." Here is the suggested fix.
Users of Internet Explorer
1. In Explorer from the drop down menu click on "Tools" tab and then select "Internet Options". The sample image below may vary based on your version of Internet Explorer.
2. Within the Internet Option palette select the "General Tab" and look under Browsing History. On some versions there may be a separate button labeled "Delete Temporary Files". If so, click that button. If not, go to the next step.
3. Click on the "Delete" button next to the Settings button under Browsing History and another menu will pop up. It should resemble the image below.
4. From this menu click the box next to "Temporary Internet files". Leave the other boxes uncheck if you wish to preserve those items. Then click the "Delete" button at the bottom. This will erase the old files which the computer loads first from memory, instead of the new files from the website.
5. Exit the browser completely.
6. Restart the browser and go to www.city.milwaukee.gov. On that page click the refresh button. Navigate to the "Get Property Information" page and proceed as before.
7. If you continue to get the "Open Failed for Locked File" error message. Exit all programs, shut the computer down completely, wait 10 seconds, re-boot, and proceed as in step #6.
If you continue to have problems please call DNS at 286-2268.
Last Update 9/4/09