These are the instruction for completing the Abandoned Property in Foreclosure Form. The APIF form must be filled out on-line and submitted electronically. Use the APIF form for property where the foreclosure action was filed on on or before October 27, 2010.
1. Enter the 10-digit tax key number in the following format: 999-9999-999
2. Enter the address of the property you are registering in the following format: 9999 N 99th St
3. Enter the date the foreclosure action was filed.
4. Enter the docket number of the foreclosure action.
5. Enter the date the property was inspected by the mortgagee or its agent. This date must be no more than 30 days after the filing of the foreclosure action.
6. Enter the date the property was determined to be abandoned as a result of a physical inspection by the mortgagee, its agent or the Department of Neighborhood Services.
7. Enter the date you complete and file this form. This date should be within 5 days of the date the property was found to be abandoned. If more than 5 days, you still need to submit the form but the fee will be increased from $35 to $45.
8. The Registrant is the Mortgagee. Enter the following information for the registrant:
Phone Number – Enter the phone number where we can reach you during business hours
Officer to accept service
Preferred Mailing Address – optional
Registrant is – Select from the drop-down menu
State – Select the state where the entity is registered from the drop-down menu
ID Number – Enter the ID number assigned by the state where the registrant is registered.
9. The Last Known Owner is the Mortgager. Enter the following information for the last known owner:
Address – Enter last known address of the owner
Phone Number – Enter last known phone number of the owner
Officer to Accept Service – Enter the name of the officer if owner is a Corporation, Limited Liability Company, Financial Institution, etc.
Owner is – Select from the drop-down menu
State - Select the state where the owner is registered from the drop-down menu. Leave blank if owner is a person(s).
ID Number – Enter the ID number assigned by the state where the owner is registered. Leave blank if owner is a person(s).
10. The agent or servicing company is the person or entity authorized by the mortgagee to enter the property and to conduct repairs or maintenance as required. Enter the following information about the agent or servicing company:
Preferred Contact Person
11. Describe the external condition of the property at the time of the inspection which determined the property was abandoned. If you need additional space, open the form titled “External Condition of Property”. You can then complete and submit this form along with the registration form.
12. Select either Yes or No. Section 200-22.5-2(b) of the Milwaukee Code of Ordinances defines Accessible Structure as a building that is accessible through a compromised door, wall, window or similar structure and which is unsecured in a manner that allows access to interior space by unauthorized persons.
13. Provide a statement identifying any action taken or planned to be taken to comply with Section 200-22.5-5(a-1) & (a-2) of the Milwaukee Code of Ordinances. This section outlines the duties of the registrant as follows: a-1. Assuring that there are no accessible structures on the premises. a-2. Assuring that there are no conditions upon the property presenting an immediate risk to health and safety of the public, including removing or abating fire hazards, removing or containing potentially toxic materials and explosives, securing the perimeters of swimming pools, ponds or other bodies of water, and maintaining public walkways and thoroughfares free from ice, snow, mud and other debris.
If you need additional space, open the form titled “Action Plan”. You can then complete and submit this form along with the registration form.
14. For payment we accept credit cards or checks. If paying by credit card the account information must be on file with DNS prior to submission of the form. Call (414) 286-5077 to provide the credit card information. If paying by check enter "Check to follow" in this field. Print out and attach a copy of the registration form with the corresponding check. However, please note that the registration form must be submitted electronically. Make check payable to: "City of Milwaukee".
If paying by check please mail a copy of the registration form with the payment to:
Property Recording Program, DNS/APIF
841 N. Broadway RM 105
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3613
15. Please check this box in lieu of signing the form. By checking the box, you indicate that you understand that this constitutes a legal signature. The application will not be accepted without this box being checked.
16. Enter the name of the person completing this form for the registrant. This is the person we will call with any questions regarding the form.
17. Enter the title of the person completing this form.
18. Enter the phone number of the person completing this form.
19. Enter the date you are completing this form.
*If paying by check, print a copy of the form before you hit Submit.
Filing Fee: As indicated on the form, the registration fee is $35.00 if the form is filed with 5 days of the date the property was found to be abandoned. If the form is filed more than 5 days after this date, the fee is $45.00. We will determine the proper fee and charge it to your credit card.
When you have completed the form, please click the Submit button in the lower right-hand corner to submit the form via email. Please note registrations will not be processed until payment is received.
Abandonded Property in Foreclosure Instructions.pdf - Copy of the above instructions in PDF Format
Questions on how to properly complete the form? Call us at 414-286-6108.
Last Update 11/11/11