SYIP on-line applications are NOW being accepted until April 4, 2014!
Please check below to make sure you meet all the requirements before applying:
- Starts June 20th to August 15th.
- Must commit to work the entire 8 week program.
- Applicants with plans for summer school, summer camps, family reunions, or unable to work the entire 8 week internship are asked not to apply.
- Interns earn $7.50 an hour.
- Interns work 20 hours per week.
- Maximum of 156 hours for the duration of the internship.
- Youth must be between the ages of 16 and 19 as of June 1, 2014.
- Priority is given to place high school juniors and seniors that have not previously participated in the program.
- Applicants must live in the designated Community Development Block Grant(CDBG) area.
- The Block Grant area is roughly North Florist Avenue, east-Milwaukee River, south-Harrison Avenue, and west-North 59th Street. The CDBG area also includes a pocket located around the Woodlands development in northwestern Milwaukee - approximately 107th and Brown Deer Road.
DO YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE?
If YES, go ahead and apply.
If NO, scroll to bottom of screen.
To APPLY, you MUST complete the following TWO items:
- Complete Online Application here.
- Students must have their school send in their current school transcript with attendance information.
Mail or deliver the transcript to:
809 N. Broadway, 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- or -
Fax transcript to: 414-286-0851
BOTH ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SYIP OFFICE NO LATER THAN 4:00pm on FRIDAY, APRIL 4, 2014.
What if you don’t live in the Block Grant Area or meet the age requirement for SYIP?
Earn & Learn has 2 other programs that may be able to place you. Click on the link below for more information:
Community Work Experience Program
- or -
Pivate Sector Job Connection Program