CAMPAIGN FINANCE INFORMATION
CITY-WIDE OFFICES, ALDERPERSONS AND SCHOOL BOARD
1 . All disbursements must be made for political purposes and by check.
2. Corporate contributions are prohibited.
3. A maximum of $100.00 may be accepted in cash.
4. A maximum of $10.00 may be accepted anonymously.
5. Anonymous contributions of less than $10.00 shall be listed separately. Any aggregate contributions of more than $10 and up to $200 must be listed with name and address of contributor. Any aggregate contributuion of more than $200 must be listed with name, address and occupation of contributor.
6. Maximum contributions are limited to each campaign or election period that includes the primary and election. Contribution limits apply during the term of office.
NOTE: Committees may be eligible for an exemption from filing campaign finance reports if campaign finance activity is low enough to meet the following criteria:
- The Committee anticipates that it will not accept contributions OR make disbursements, incur loans and other obligations in an aggregate amount exceeding $2,000 in a calendar year.
- The candidate or treasurer must sign and date the request for exemption on the Campaign Registration Statement (ETHCF-1) or exemption reverification (ETHCF-14). An indication of limited activity (exemption) under this section is effective only for the calendar year in which it is granted. The candidate's contributions do count toward the total receipts of $2,000 or less in a calendar year.
- If a candidate committee wishes to renew its exempt status, it should file the ETHCF-14 or a new ETHCF-1. Candidates on the ballot may claim an exemption when they first register, or renew their exemption from the previous calendar year. HOWEVER, a candidate on the ballot in that calendar year, who did not previously claim the exemption, may not amend the registration to claim the exemption before the date of their election.
7. Any changes to campaign data must be made by filing an amended Campaign Registration Statement, (ETHCF-1) within ten (10) days of the change (e.g., change in address, treasurer, etc.).
Aldermanic and Citywide Candidates