Department of Neighborhood Services
841 N. Broadway 10th Floor
Milwaukee, WI 53202
After a permit has been approved by the Plan Examination Section, work may begin on a project. During the different phases of a building project, various inspections are required. The Construction Section is responsible for these required inspections:
- footing and foundation inspections prior to backfill
- rough framing inspections prior to insulating or covering
- insulation and vapor barrier inspections prior to wall finish
- final inspections prior to occupying space
- boiler permit inspections
- boiler safety inspections
- commercial vent hood inspections
- all hazardous type inspections (tanks, spray booths, auto repair, etc.)
The Construction Section also investigates complaints about work without a permit, illegal fences, and others.
Other sections in this department will have required inspections that may coincide with those of the construction section:
After you have applied for a permit, you might want to check to see if a license is required to operate in the City of Milwaukee. http://city.milwaukee.gov/LicensesPermits
The Construction Section consists of three disciplines:
- Hazardous Occupancy Inspection (See Hazardous Signage Requirements Brochure)
- Boiler Inspection
- Construction Inspection Process
All required inspections must be scheduled with the inspector in the various sections of the department. Thinking of erecting a tent? Check out our Tent Brochure.pdf first!
CONSTRUCTION SECTION CONTACTS
Building Trades Manager- Richard Paur, P.E. E-Mail -> email@example.com
Construction Supervisor- Jim Friedrichs E-Mail-> firstname.lastname@example.org
Plastic Furnace Vent Pipes recalled! Check this list.
Construction Districts Map
WHERE TO GO FOR PERMITS IN THE CITY OF MILWAUKEE
Building Terms-Know your building parts!
Tax Incentives for making ADA building improvements!
Last Update 1/30/2012