Ballot Access Checklist
- This is a State form that lists all of the forms that must be returned by the filing deadline for the candidate to have ballot placement.
- The City of Milwaukee also requires a Political Sign Removal Pledge form.
- The City of Milwaukee Board of Ethics form. School Board candidates are exempt from this filing requirement. Municipal Judge candidates must file with the State Ethics Board instead of the Milwaukee Ethics Board.
- All of these forms are due by the filing date deadline; the next deadline is 5 p.m. on January 4, 2011.
- Ballot Access Checklist indicates the number of signatures required to have ballot placement for the City elected positions. Look for the required number of signatures listed for "1st class" because Milwaukee is a city of "first class" standing.
This Web site was created to assist citizens who are considering a bid for elected office. This cursory review does not replace the candidate's responsibility to review Chapters 5-12 of the State Statues governing the election process.