Businesses You Don't See
Sometimes my efforts are channeled into not having something happen. Sometimes neighbors are involved and sometimes not. What did not happen since I was elected:
- A pawnshop did not open on S. 27th St.
- A counseling center for felons did not open at S. 19th St. and W. Windlake Ave.
- A onetime strip club on W. College Ave. did not reopen.
- A bar did not go in at S. 17th St. and W. Lincoln Ave. (there are 61 others within one mile).
- A hip hop/country western bar did not open at S. 9th St. and W. Layton Ave.
- A troubled bar did not reopen at S. Howell Ave and W. Plainfield Ave.
- A payday loan did not come in at W. Euclid St. and S. 27th St.
- A business did not expand into a residential neighborhood at S. 27th and W. Goldcrest.
- A used car lot did not open at S. 16th St. and W. Oklahoma Ave.
- A gas station/convenience store did not open at S. 16th St. and W. Morgan Ave.
- A used car lot did not open at S. 9th St. and W. Grange Ave.