LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
IF YOUR ILLNESS OR INJURY OCCURRED IN 2013, YOU MUST SUBMIT CLAIM FORMS TO STANDARD INSURANCE. FOR A COPY OF THE CLAIM FORMS, PLEASE CONTACT CRYSTAL OWENS AT email@example.com or (414)286-2047.
The City has several Programs that can provide City employees with income when a disabling injury or sickness prevents them from working. The City provides benefits through a sick leave, pension disability or terminal leave benefit. In addition, the City also has the LTD program. This program will provide up to 60% of your pre-disability income after you have exhausted your accrued sick leave, have completed your “Benefit Waiting Period”, and are still unable to return to work because of a disabling injury or illness. New employees become eligible after they complete 6 months of employment. Upon eligibility, they will receive a letter from the Department of Employee Relations. QUESTIONS? Call 286-2047, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Work Part Time Policy (1/2014):
If an employee is receiving LTD Benefits and returns to work part-time, the employee is not required to contribute the premium for the LTD Buy Up Benefit. At that time the employee’s LTD Buy Up enrollment is waived until the employee returns to work full time and submits a new LTD Buy Up enrollment form. It is the employee’s responsibility to contact the Department of Employee Relations, Employee Benefits Division when they return to work full time.
- New Employees are not eligible until they have completed 6 months of employment. Once eligible they will receive a letter from the Department of Employee Relations (DER).
- Employees transferring from MPS are not eligible until they have completed 6 months of employment. Once eligible they will receive a letter from the Department of Employee Relations (DER).
- Reinstatements (rehires) returning to City service within 90 days of leaving are eligible immediately. Anyone returning after 90 days become eligible after 6 months.
- Employees going from Seasonal to Regular become eligible effective the date they become Regular. Please contact DER at 286-2047 when you become eligible.
- Employees going from Non-benefit status to Benefit status become eligible 6 months after they changed to Benefit status. You will be contacted by DER at that time.
Questions? Send email to email@example.com